Variable: What is the IM5 equivalent of {Image.Date}?

Started by JohnZeman, August 08, 2013, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnZeman

I'm trying to find the IM5 variable equivalent of {Image.Date} in IM3 which returns the actual last modified file timestamp of an image.  I thought {File.DateTime} might be it, but the date/time it displays it doesn't match what My Computer or Directory Opus displays.  Nor do any of the other date/time related variables I've been able to find (unless I'm missing something which is probably the case).

Mario

The help lists

{File.Modified}

as "Date and time the file was last modified on disk. This is the same timestamp you see in Windows Explorer."

This should be the timestamp you are looking for. See the help topics on Variables. Expand the TOC at the top and there click on File. Variables to see the corresponding documentation.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

I was pretty sure I'd end up with egg on my face when I asked this, and yup, I do. :-[  It was right under my nose all this time, I just couldn't see it. :o

Thanks Mario. ;D

Mario

The trick is to have it all documented...
Then you can always throw a "RTFM" into the unsuspecting face of your honored users  :P :)

Because of your query I've added a few more keywords to the corresponding topic, so it now shows up in the Index when a user types Date or Time.
I need to add all these keywords by hand, manually typing them for each help topic. When I write a help topic I try to anticipate which keywords users might use to find the info covered by that topic. I usually end up with 20 or so keywords per help topic. And I add new keywords when users report that they did not find specific info.

The Search function in Windows help is based on an automatic created full-text index, but is often to noisy to be helpful. Just too many hits returned. Index-Keywords are better but unfortunately require manual work from me.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

Quote from: JohnZeman on August 08, 2013, 09:35:24 PM
I was pretty sure I'd end up with egg on my face when I asked this, and yup, I do. :-[
You're not the first!   :-[

Richard

Quote from: Ferdinand on August 09, 2013, 04:43:59 PM
Quote from: JohnZeman on August 08, 2013, 09:35:24 PM
I was pretty sure I'd end up with egg on my face when I asked this, and yup, I do. :-[
You're not the first!   :-[

I am sure John will not be the last either. I am just glad that I like eggs. ;D