Denial Of Service After Using Foobar2000 To Attach Front Cover

Started by Darius1968, August 09, 2013, 12:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I have the hierarchical view set off, and I will find a song to play.  I see there is no front cover, and I download and attach from within Foobar2000.  This causes havoc in IMatch in that it touches off background processes, which in turn disrupt my ability to do the simplest of things like scrolling up & down in the file window.  Is this a bug or is this a setting I have to adjust.  Isn't IMatch supposed to just realize that only 1 file (and, which one) has been modified, and concern itself with just that 1, instead of messing will all 6,000 files in my music collection of my database.  Thanks! 

Mario

I don't know the application Foobar or what it does to your file system.
When IMatch receives notice from Windows that a folder or files (or both) have been updated, it rescans the folder (fast) to detect new files, deleted files and files with a "last modified" timestamp different from the timestamp recorded in your file.

Without the log file I cannot be sure, but my guess is that your Foobar application touches more than one file, changing the last modified timestamps of all files in the folder or something. And then IMatch starts to ingest the files again.

The log file will tell you which files have been affected.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook