At what scope are Preferences stored?

Started by ChrisPlak, May 26, 2016, 06:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisPlak

{Disclaimer, I searched the help and could not find a definitive answer.  All I found was that preferences are stored at the applicate, database, and user levels}

At what scope are Preferences stored?  I want most settings to apply at a per-database level.  In particular the settings for the offline cache.  It appears that the offline cache settings are stored at an IMatch application level.

I work with 2 databases.  One of them is to quickly import the photos, rename files, move files around on disk, and run quick tests of imatch features.   This DB only has a few thousand pictures in it and is used prior to my LR picture developing.  It does NOT have an offline cache for performance reasons.  The files only reside in this database for a short period of time.  My second database picks up the developed pictures from LR and becomes the final resting place for all my photos.  I do want this DB to have an offline cache.

Mario

Cache settings are per database.
If you switch between your database and check the cache settings, you should see that settings you make for one DB are not applied to your other DB. Or does this work different for you?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ChrisPlak

As expected, I can't duplicate it at this point.  I switch back and forth between the 2 or possibly 3 databases.  I'm guessing it was just a case of "DHE" (Dumb Human Error).  But I thought I was being really careful with the settings between the multiple databases.