ExifTool Command as Favorite?

Started by jch2103, May 29, 2016, 11:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jch2103

I'm one of those folks who has a camera which adds a default XMP Rating in-camera; consequently, when I use this camera I need to run the ExifTool Command Processor to remove XMP data from the original raw image files so I can conveniently add my own Ratings to xmp sidecar files.

It would be useful to be able to add this ECP command to my Favorites (especially combined with specific metadata templates to kill several birds with the same stone). However, I haven't seen a way to do this. Did I miss something? Is there another way (e.g., scripting or perhaps an App)?

John

Mario

You can create Favorites for Windows applications using simple drag and drop.
ExifTool is a command line application, which requires quite a lot of parameters. And it cannot be launched using the standard shortcut mechanism IMatch uses to start and communicate with standard Windows applications.

Creating a script s probably the easiest way.

Or you configure IMatch to ignore the embedded XMP metadata in your RAW files, which is possible via Edit > Preferences > Metadata: File Formats.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

JohnZeman

I use very simple one line scripts in one of my Favorites sets to toggle the ECP and other panels on or off.

SendKeys "{F9}e" ' Toggle the EXIFTOOL panel, (note the lower case e)

jch2103

John