Typo in Italian, category panel

Started by max.ramella, August 31, 2016, 12:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max.ramella

Hi. I am just beginning to use Imatch. I noticed that in the bar of the "category panel" the description of the icon corresponding to Ctrl+G is "via alla categoria selezionata nella Vista Categoria". I think "via" should be "vai" (=go to). "Via" would mean delete, eliminate, or something like that.

Cheers,
Massimo

Mario

Hello Massimo

welcome to the community.

The translation of IMatch into other languages (I do manage the English and German translations) is done by volunteers. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the massive cost of translating a software like IMatch into other languages.

Marco Goglio did the major part of the Italian translation (thanks). I don't know if he sill uses IMatch or has interest in keeping the translation current...

If you open the file

C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5\resources\imatch5res.xml

If you want to help me out here:

On your computer in Windows Notepad (or better, Notepad++) you can search for the text with the spelling error.  It looks like:

<c xml:lang="it" hotkey="Ctrl+G" helptext="Via alla categoria selezionata nella Vista Categoria">Vai alla Cate&amp;goria</c>

Change the next between > and the </c> to what you think is netter. Restart IMatch to see your change in the live product. If you are satisfied, send me the line you have changed to my support email (https://www.photools.com/support) or include it in a reply. I don't speak Italian and hence I cannot say what's wrong or not.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

mgm1965

I'm still using IMatch daily, unfortunatley I'm very busy with work and my family so I have not updated the translation in the last months.

I will appreciate any help from every (italian) user mantaining the translation.

It's hard to find every mistyped word!

[Italian]
Apprezzo tutte le segnalazioni, anche in pm, non posso promettere di avere la concentrazione e il tempo per effettuare le correzioni al volo.
Non ho più eseguito  la traduzione da alcuni mesi, così molte delle innovazioni e migliorie introdotte dall'autore saranno in inglese...
ma funzionano comunque egregiamente!.
[/Italian]

Marco

Mario

Thanks, Marco!

QuoteIt's hard to find every mistyped word!

Absolutely! IMatch is a huge product with so many strings, messages and texts. I'sure the users in Italy welcome your translation!

Side Note: The upcoming IMatch WebViewerTM, which is part of IMatch AnywhereTM, uses a different way of translation.

The web app is of course a lot smaller than IMatch to start from. It also uses only 'strings' for translation.
I created it to use standard translation tools like the free POEdit.

The translation to German took less than two hours and I think Mees (who did the Dutch translation) also needed less than two hours for the entire translation so far. Thanks to the tools you see immediately what has changed since the last version, and you can just start typing. Very easy and super-fast.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

max.ramella

Thanks Mario!

ok. since in the xml file there is also the text in other languages I am sure the correct statement in Italian is:

<c xml:lang="it" hotkey="Ctrl+G" helptext="Vai alla categoria selezionata nella Vista Categoria">Vai alla Cate&amp;goria</c>

I can not commit myself to transalations, but I will at least contribute the translations/corrections of those commands I will stumble upon.

Tschüss Bye and Ciao!  ;)

Mario

Changed for the next release. Looks more like a typo to me. Probably many of those in other languages as well.
We fix them as they are reported. Always improving.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator