TIFF file rotation

Started by Aubrey, June 23, 2016, 02:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I'm not used to tiff format!

I have been asked to scan some photo prints 6x4 snapshots.
I have decided to scan and save as TIFF (600 dpi)

Some of these require rotation after been scanned by Epson V550 (I'm placing 4 photos on the scanner bed, they will only fit in one orientation).

In IMatch I can virtually rotate (with jpgs I could do a lossless rotation), but if I look at the windows folder they are not rotated.

Now outside IMatch I can rotate the files using Windows Photo viewer and they appear correct in the windows folder icons, Photo viewer and  IMatch.

Is there a way to rotate the images in IMatch that will also  have the correct orientation in Photo viewer?

Or perhaps my workflow is wrong!

Aubrey.

Mario

Virtual rotation does what it says - it tells IMatch how to rotate the image before displaying it. This does not affect the actual pixel data in the image and thus cannot be 'seen' by other applications. Virtual rotation in IMatch is unique because it works with all file formats, not just images.

To fix the image orientation, adjust the EXIF orientation tag. This is what all capable applications check for when determining how to orientate an image for display. In IMatch under Commands > Image...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook