Work on feature requests

Started by ben, June 27, 2016, 09:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hi Mario,

i would like to ask about your plans after iMatch Anywhere.
I know you usually don't talk about that, but it would be great to hear.

My special interst is about the feature request list.
I think there are a lot of ideas that would improve iMatch a lot.
I noticed, that since v5.5 you concentrated on the big changes (GPU support, printer module, server functionality).
While bug reports are usually fixed really really fast, i think that the feature request could need more attention.

So, i would like to ask you, that after the release of iMatch anywhere (and probably bugfixes), you work on a few releases that concentrate on the feature request list.

Thanks for considering this.
Keep up your great work.

Ben

Mario

Hi, Ben

I always include new features (smaller and larger ones) in each release. Just look at the release notes included with every release.
Sometimes even a small change can make a ig difference, like the new keyboard shortcuts introduced in the last release which allow you to directly start editing keywords and metadata. These have been very well received, for example.

IMatch Anywhere is developed side-by-side with IMatch. Much of the technology developed for IMatch Anywhere will also become an integral part of IMatch itself, allowing us to use modern web technology in IMatch - for much improved connectivity, 'social' features, modern scripting technology, integration with web services etc.

The IMatch Anywhere Beta test is running nicely and I think that IMA will be ready for shipment in a couple of weeks.

I'm also currently in the process of migrating the customer portal and this community to a newer, bigger server. The license model for IMatch Anywhere required a change in the order processing, and I took the chance to bring everything up to par with the new looks of the photools.com web site.

Looking at the FR board here in the community, most FR's have only been posted, but never liked or commented on. These will most likely not considered for future versions.
For the other FR's, I will judge by the number of liked the have, whether or not I think they will be useful for more than a handful or users and the amount of work involved if and in which order I add them.

When I recall correctly, you asked several times about this already. I guess there are some FR's you especially care about?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

Hi Mario,

thanks for your long answer.

QuoteI always include new features (smaller and larger ones) in each release.
I absolutely know and i always check the release notes to find all those changes.
I know no other program, where bug reports or feature requests are considered as fast as you do it.
I really like that and it's also one of the reasons i stick to iMatch.

So, pushing one or two releases that focus on FR would make people very happy, for sure!

QuoteThe IMatch Anywhere Beta test is running nicely and I think that IMA will be ready for shipment in a couple of weeks.
Sounds great, again another major version.

QuoteWhen I recall correctly, you asked several times about this already. I guess there are some FR's you especially care about?
Haha, good memory!
Of course my FR are kind of the bests and most important to me ;-)
But i also liked others. And there are also FR i didn't like since i wouldn't use them, but i can totally understand why people asked for them.
So, the question is of course: how many likes are worth working on the FR. I just checked, currently there are ~240FR from which i guess 30% are liked, mainly 2-3 likes. Some are less, some have even 10.

Ben