Search Bar -> "limit search to frequently used tags"

Started by ben, July 03, 2016, 10:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hi,

where can i find the information which tags are considered, when searching/filtering with the search bar (above the file window)?
-> option "limit search to frequently used tags"

In my metadata panel i use the so called "standard tags", but the data of those tags is not found.

BTW:
I just wanted to check if all of my tag fields in the metadata panel are really of the category "standard tags".
But when i open the tag-selector window, the tab "standard tags" is empty.

Weird, are these issues maybe related to each other?

Thanks,
Ben

Mario

1. About 100 tags from IPTC/EXIF/XMP/PDF/ID3 are included in the frequently used tags. I did not put this list into the help because it will be confusing and meaningless for the majority of users.

2. If you can't see the list of standard tags in the Tag Selector dialog box, something is broken on your computer.
The list of standard tags is an inherent part of IMatch and your database.

Switch IMatch to debug logging, close and restart it, then check the log file for W> or E> entries to see if there are problems.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

ok, thanks.
Both problems are fixed.

The following file was missing, i replaced it from the last backup.
"C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5\config\immbcfg.xml"

Quote1. About 100 tags from IPTC/EXIF/XMP/PDF/ID3 are included in the frequently used tags.
No worries, i don't really need to know, since the search works again.

Thanks,
Ben

Mario

QuoteThe following file was missing, i replaced it from the last backup.

This file is super-important. It is installed when you install IMatch and may be updated when you install an IMatch update.
I don't know how this file can go missing...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on July 05, 2016, 08:06:28 AM
QuoteThe following file was missing, i replaced it from the last backup.

This file is super-important. It is installed when you install IMatch and may be updated when you install an IMatch update.
I don't know how this file can go missing...

I guess it is like it is. Human does curious things. Like me (also). Never "played" with your, hm, wat was it, your "green motorcycle", drove around with the knowledge, you should full petrol in,  but you took the risk? I did it with a car in Finland.
Or knew, you should take 1/60 with your camera, but you took 1/30?
Or you should not drink a coffee with this blonde woman, because ... , but you did.

Sometimes human tend to play a bit, even if the result can be dangerous. I guess, I am not the only one.  :-[ ::)

I do not know, why Ben replaced this file, but he did.  ;D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

ben

Yeah, i think that was definitely not the fault of iMatch.
I recently had  to manually copy some script files from and to the iMatch folder. I guess something went wrong then.

Mario

If this file is missing or the format is broken, IMatch logs an error to the log file.
This will result in IMatch showing a dialog box when it closes, informing you of the fact that errors have been logged.
Unless you have disabled this message at some point (you can re-enable all messages via Help > Reset Popup....).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator