Keyword Panel Idiosyncrasies

Started by Darius1968, July 07, 2016, 07:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

Consider a DD Category, for which I have focused several of its sub-nodes.  This allows me to have maybe, 15 or so images in my file window, for my evaluation.  I find that I can very conveniently delete files and add them to categories at will, without any problems or complications.  Now, using the keyword panel is a a slightly different story:  When I add the keywords and save to the database, all seems well for several seconds.  But, then, some kind of background processing happens, and suddenly, IMatch is now only focused on one of the DD categories leaves, leaving my original multi-selection broken.  How can I prevent this from happening? 

Mario

When you change keywords in the keyword panel, IMatch will trigger a background re-calculation of the data-driven @Keywords category.
If the system is idle for a few seconds (the user is not doing anything), the data-driven category will be updated. The Category View and Category Panel refresh, removing and/or adding categories and category tree elements as needed. IMatch keeps the focused category focused and selected. If you happen to have multiple categories selected in this situation, they may become unselected. I suggest to adapt your workflow accordingly.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook