Video/Audio File Formats

Started by Darius1968, August 06, 2016, 12:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darius1968

I have the background processing on to automatically ingest new media files, but I have "Video/Audio File Formats" disabled inside the File Formats tab, under Preferences because it was causing freeze-ups for certain problem files.  However, this has the side effect of not allowing such files (that I know are good) to be ingested into the database when I explicitly issue a rescan.  For this said case, is there a way that I can effectively allow such files to come into the database, even though I have them disabled in the preferences? 

Mario

No.

It would have been helpful to know more about the problems you enounter with your video files.
Which formats you use. The error messages logged by IMatch in the log file, the codecs are installed on your system etc.

You may consider re-enabling the file format and instead using a file size limit for cache file generation (Edit > Preferences> Cache). Video files are usually very large, and if you tell IMatch to skip files above a certain size, it will not request a thumbnail from Windows and thus avoid problems caused by reading video files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook