Map Panel Blank (I read previous Posts from December 2015)

Started by kiwilink, August 20, 2016, 10:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

When I open the Map Panel it is blank.  I'm running Windows 10 and IM 5.6.22.  If I choose OpenStreetMap it is still blank.  However, if I drop down and click any of the other Map Providers the Map appears.  When I exit IM and come back in, the Map is blank again.  I have Google Maps enabled (Yes) and Bing Maps disabled (No) in the Geo&Maps Preferences.  I have The Provider Search and the Geocoding Service as Google. I looked in the logs and I don't see any errors related to the Map.  I did see that someone had submitted a bug report but Mario had commented that it was related to an API and he said it was fixed.  If there was a response on this let me know in case I missed it.  I did see where someone went into the cache and deleted folders in the IE.  I did not do this because Windows 10 did not allow me to delete those 4 folders.

Thanks!

Mike

PS  Its not a zoom issue because I clicked all the way out and refreshed the map.   I should note that when I hit the "reload the map" icon,  the map disappears and I have to drop down and choose a different Map provider before it will reappear.

Mario

Google Maps work arratically here as well. A Google thing. No change in the code in IMatch or OpenLayers used by IMatch.

OpenStreetMap works flawlessly.
Bing Maps works flawlessly.

Please understand that you are using a service provided by Google to You and the OpenLayers developers at no cost.
Google can cease this service at any time - you don't pay for it.
Google may also decide to make breaking changes to their maps interfaces at any time. And they do.
Which is why OpenLayers 3 no longer supports Google Maps.
IMatch 5 is still on OpenLayers 2, so it has Google Maps.

If Google has made a breaking change again, I will need to figure out what they did this time, if and how I can make it work in OpenLayers and then roll out a change in one of the next IMatch updates. But I will wait a couple of days before even looking, because in many cases, these effects vanish the other day and everything is back to normal.

Do not make yourself dependent on any service provided by Google. If they don't make money from it, they will cancel it at a whim. And you pay with your privacy for it anyway.

Support community-driven services like OpenStreetMap, OpenLayers, GeoNames.org which are not there to make money, but to provide people with free access to mapping and geodata.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook