Layer Panel in Viewer is not updating when moving to next picture

Started by hluxem, September 14, 2016, 02:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hluxem

I'm not sure if this is just on my machine, maybe somebody can try and check if they see the same. When I'm in the viewer with the annotation panel open, the upper section showing layer and annotations (see screenshot attached) is not updating when moving from picture to picture. I do have to click on an annotation to get the information updated. Seems like it doesn't matter if it's a face annotation or any other note. Latest version 5.7.

Thanks,

Heiner

Mario

What does "not update" mean?
Do you have a different number of layers for each image? Or different names?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hluxem

QuoteWhat does "not update" mean?
In short, I believe the panel is not refreshed and the old information stays displayed when changing from image to image. More detailed below:

It keeps the information of layers and notes from the first picture shown in the viewer. That include everything shown in this area, not just layers. Like the persons shown or sticker. I can place a yellow sticker on one image, the window updates and says sticker, yellow. Then I go to the next image and add a green sticker, the panel is updated accordingly. When I go back, the green sticker is still shown, but there is a yellow sticker.
I did check on my Laptop with 5.6.22 and there the sticker information is only shown when the sticker is selected, changing to the next image no sticker information is shown. In the previous version, the information for persons shown is updated for every image, it is not changing for me with version 5.7 on my desktop. Only when I click on either the image or in the panel the values for persons get updated.

I realized this issues because I got really confused with the layer names. I was used to see the layer Persons in orange on top of the window. Now I see a layer Annotation on top of the window in orange, in the layer information its still called Persons.
I just tried to repeat and now the simple things get even more complicated. Not sure how I can describe this best, below are the steps I did and I added a screenshots from the panel for the same image every step.

• The initial panel for an image without any annotations
  • Panel after adding 2 face annotations
  • Panel after changing the layer name for annotations in the box from Persons to Persons :>), strangely there are now 3 layers shown on top, both the Annotation and Persons :>) layer will switch on and off the annotations. Again, the display will not change when I change images, it looks like this new layer was created for every image.
  • Panel after restarting the viewer with the same image. Now it shows Annotation Layer on top and in the box is the changed layer name.

I tried my best to describe what I'm seeing, sorry if it is confusing, it certainly is very confusing for me.

Mario

So you mean the property window shows the data for the annotation that was last selected. It is not cleared when you move to a new file?
Clicking on an annotation in the new file loads the property window correctly with the data for the clicked annotation?

Sounds like a bug for me and should be reported in the bug report board. This will put it into my queue for one of the next releases.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook