Edit Multiple Attributes at Once

Started by flyglobe, September 07, 2016, 05:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyglobe

In my database I have a fixed set of attributes which describes in more detail the picture.
When I add a new folder to the database I have to open up each individual file to add one (minimum) attribute to the file before I can update a selection of files in the same folder.
My question: how can I select multiple files (or all files in the folder) and then assign one or more attributes at the same time to each file. Each file will have the same attribute (e.g. the location)?
Thank you for your short feedback.

sinus

Quote from: flyglobe on September 07, 2016, 05:36:25 PM
In my database I have a fixed set of attributes which describes in more detail the picture.
When I add a new folder to the database I have to open up each individual file to add one (minimum) attribute to the file before I can update a selection of files in the same folder.
My question: how can I select multiple files (or all files in the folder) and then assign one or more attributes at the same time to each file. Each file will have the same attribute (e.g. the location)?
Thank you for your short feedback.

Look in the help-file, it is there under Attributes.
You could use the "Multiple Selections" - possibilities of the attributes. To do so you can click an icon, I do not remember now precicely, hence look in the helpfile.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

flyglobe

Thank you. I know this function.
I'm adding a new folder. This folder has x files. Non of this files have an attribute assigned yet. Now I select all files which should have the same attribute (e.g. location). this function dosen't work, only one file gets the attribut. All other selected files remain empty! This is my problem.
If I select each folder at once, add the attribute it works. But to open each file individualy to add the first attribute is time consuming. A new folder may have 100 files which has to be opened one by one individually to add the first attribute.
Once an attribut is assigned I can open multiple files and add additional attributes without any problems.

Mario

I cannot reproduce this.

I have a folder with 10 files. None of these files has an Attribute.
I select all files.
In the Attribute panel I add a new row, enter some text.
All files get this attribute assigned.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

flyglobe