How to copy source file and versions into clipboard in one step?

Started by HGF, September 21, 2016, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HGF

Hello, I have one source file and 2 (or more) versions in different directories. Versioning is working fine  :). My question is, is it possible to copy source file AND version file into clipboard with one click? In show versions it is possible to select all versions to copy , unfortunately the source file is not selectable to copy. To achieve this an additional copy task is necessary. Select ALL and Copy ALL would be helpful. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, HG

Mario

If you cannot bring the master and the versions into the same scope (file window) I don' see a chance to grab them all and copy them in one go.

The standard folder hierarchy, where masters are in the base folder, and versions in a sub-folder (or vice-versa) makes this easy, by using the hierarchical view in the File Window and then selecting the master and pressing <A> to select all versions in addition. Use <T> to toggle the version stack so all versions are loaded into the scope and thus can be selected.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

HGF

Mario, many thanks for fast response. My source pic is in a folder, both version pics are in sub folders from source pics root. (see screens shots attached). Toggel to stack view, show all versions still allows me to select version pics only. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Mario

You are showing a result window. Why?
The thumbnail in the result window group header cannot be selected.

If your versions are in a sub-folder, why don't you switch the File Window to hierarchical view? Then you have the master and the versions in the same scope (File Window) and can select them with <A>. Not tried, but should work.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

HGF

sinus

Or bookmark the master and all versions and go into the collection-view to bookmarks.
Or create a category, where the master and all versions are in it.

Should be possible.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus