Interesting thread over at dpreview.com...

Started by Mario, September 22, 2016, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

I added a very positive comment to this dpreview thread about IMatch this morning, and several other IMatch devotees have also chimed in . . .

Let's all help Mario by SPREADING THE WORD about this powerful yet affordable software! 
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

sinus

I wrote also a comment, to do so, I even registered there.  :o
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Tallpics

I registered with the DP Review Forum just so I could add a comment to the thread.... let's spread the word :D

jelvers

Have also just registered at DPReview and made a very positive comment about my (now 10 years long) experience with IMatch. Hope it helps a little bit as well.

Regards, Juergen

Mario

Thanks to all who care!

Every mention counts, not only at dpreview.com but also elsewhere.

What 'normal' users often don't recognize is how the "search engine bubble" affects small businesses.

It's hard to get found in the search engines if you're small and don't have monthly multi-thousand US$ advertisement budgets, or dedicated staff working on SEO (search engine optimization) to push your site up to on the first page in Google search results.

It's no longer done with creating a readable and good web page - you have to design it explicitly to make Google happy. And to change it when Google changes the rules. Which they do often.

Just being a bit too slow or not having the site optimized enough for Google's taste will push you down dozens or even hundreds of places in the results.

+ No SSL? Penalty (down in the search results or even out).
+ Not optimized for mobile use? Penalty. 
+ Text not formatted the way Google wants it? Penalty.
+ No Facebook? Penalty.
+ No Google+? Penalty.
+ Text to short or too long? Important keywords not repeated often enough or too often? Penalty.
+ Many sites these days don't write texts for humans, but for search engines...

I often hear "I did not know about IMatch before", and that makes me sad. But it's hard to change this.

Today, if you are not on the first or maybe second page in Google results, you don't exist.  The big companies fight very hard for being listed among the first 10 or 20 results. Very expensive and time-consuming. Always updating web sites, producing content, videos, encourage others to link to your site or to "like" you on Facebook - the only reason for all this is to make Google like your page. And of course the more money and resources you throw at this, the better you will look for the search engines.

It really helps if you post a comment at dpreview. Or mention IMatch in other photography forums or where it fits. Link to photools.com from your own web site. Suchlike. The more links are pointing at photools.com, the better. If people mention IMatch somewhere, Google considers IMatch as more important.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator