suddenly a reject-icon

Started by sinus, October 20, 2016, 11:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario
I do not know, is this a bug, or do I something wrong, hence I post it here.

Currently I do from time to time write back some nefs in the collection-view.
Sometimes this works fine.

Sometimes there are suddenly several files "half-deleted". Means, there is the reject-icon, sometimes for several dozens of files.
Here I have started IMatch quite new, and selected only 1 file, pushed the pencil and it ended with the icon.

Log is attached. Maybe you see something?
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Look at the rating in the file. If the rating is -1, this means the file is rejected.
Note that some Nikon bodies write partial XMP records, with a rating tag. And this can cause trouble when you usually work with XMP in sidecar files (which is the standard way, but Nikon does not care).

Use the ExifTool Command Processor to look at the metadata in the NEF file. Look for the rating tag.
If the NEF has embedded XMP tag, you work with two XMP records with different data. Then you have to decide what to do.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on October 20, 2016, 02:04:21 PM
Look at the rating in the file. If the rating is -1, this means the file is rejected.
Note that some Nikon bodies write partial XMP records, with a rating tag. And this can cause trouble when you usually work with XMP in sidecar files (which is the standard way, but Nikon does not care).

Use the ExifTool Command Processor to look at the metadata in the NEF file. Look for the rating tag.
If the NEF has embedded XMP tag, you work with two XMP records with different data. Then you have to decide what to do.

Thanks, Mario, for the quick answer, I will do so.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus