Question about Data-Driven Categories

Started by Ted, October 17, 2016, 02:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Is there a way to create a data-driven category on just those images in a selected fixed category and it's dependents?

I have photos taken in multi country/cities. 
I have selected some of these photos to be displayed on a website (using Juicebox) by trip and date.  They are in a category of 'trip' and under it 'by date'.  This part I've done.

Now I would like to be able to create a data-driven category (of just the above photos) and break them down by country and city.

Seems like I should be able to do this with IMatch, but I'm stumped.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-----
Ted
Enjoying life one day at a time.

sinus

Hi Ted,

You see here my settings.
For using only a category, see the helpfile for filtering. I have attached a part of it.
Hope this helps.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

You can limit a data-driven category to one or more "input categories" by using the Category Filter near the top. See the help for details on how you can use this filter.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ted

Thanks sinus and Mario.  The Category filtering does exactly what I was looking for.  I had looked in the help file but just hadn't found the right thing.
-----
Ted
Enjoying life one day at a time.

sinus

Quote from: Ted on October 17, 2016, 03:37:56 PM
Thanks sinus and Mario.  The Category filtering does exactly what I was looking for.  I had looked in the help file but just hadn't found the right thing.

You are welcome!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

QuoteI had looked in the help file but just hadn't found the right thing.

This is what the community is for. As so often, once you know it, it's obvious  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook