Multiuser and User Security

Started by blondl, October 21, 2016, 02:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondl

Hey all!

We are planning the use of a DAM utillity at our University of applied science. I know IMatch since 2003 for personal use and wonder now if there are features that can be helpfull in a multiuser envoirement. Espacialy the useage of the database by more useres at the same time and some restrictions to the users, like view only, browse only or userlimitation to their own Pictures resp. the pictures to anyone from thier institue/group. Is it posible that a server can create the index for use by many useres? are other databases supported, like MS SQL or Oracle? (Indexbackup and Failover)

Are there any function like these built in?

TIA,
Robert

Mario

Hi, Robert

IMatch is mainly designed for individual users. Multiple users can share an IMatch database concurrently in read-only mode. But there is no user management or features to restrict what a user can see in a database.
See "Sharing Databases" in the IMatch help for full details.

You may be very interested in my new product, which is in the final steps of the Beta test phase right now.

IMatch AnywhereTM (ta-dah!) is an extension for IMatch that adds server functionality to IMatch. Using modern web technologies you can use IMatch Anywhere to browse IMatch databases remotely, using only a web browser. While the IMatch WebServiceTM runs on Windows, access to the IMatch database is now possible from all devices and all platforms (tablet, smart phone, Mac, Windows PC, Smart TV, ...) - via your local network, a corporate network or even over the Internet. Basically from every device that has a fairly recent web browser.

IMatch Anywhere 1.0 supports browsing IMatch databases (no updates). Future versions will successively add more and more write-back features (changing metadata, uploading fils into the database etc.)

IMatch Anywhere supports multiple users, has a simple but effective user management system based on users and user groups, allows you to limit what a user can see easily (i.e. "Users in group Family see only photos in the 'Family' category hierarchy) and so on. Lots of awesome stuff to come. I'm really excited about this product because it makes rolling out corporate or institutional DAM a matter of minutes. Literally. And it makes browsing an IMatch database on a tablet or a smart TV at home super-easy as well.

For a quick overview and a preliminary video, see https://www.photools.com/imatch-anywhere/
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook