PDF

Started by cthomas, October 14, 2016, 08:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I have about 200 hundard PDFs files. What is the best way to categorize them and handle them
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

In any way you see fit.
You can manually add them to categories, you can let IMatch automatically categorize them based on the metadata etc.

Check out the PDF-related sample categories IMatch has created for you. IMatch ships with a data-driven category (under "IMatch Sample Categories | PDF") which automatically arranges your PDF files by author.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

I have a large number of technical papers. I have them all in one folder, but then use IMatch to categorize them by topic.
Reason they are all in one folder is that prior to IMatch I used Excel with a URL in Excel to load them and this was simplest method. I think it was crtl K to generate a url in Excel. Such a long time now. IMatch is soooo much better!

Currently I've separate databases for photos and documents. I'm toying with the idea of one major database of everything, especially with the future IMatch Anywhere appearing soon.

When the time comes I'll ask here on the best way to merge databases. (No point in asking now as I'll likely forget!).

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on October 14, 2016, 08:28:22 PM
In any way you see fit.
You can manually add them to categories, you can let IMatch automatically categorize them based on the metadata etc.

Check out the PDF-related sample categories IMatch has created for you. IMatch ships with a data-driven category (under "IMatch Sample Categories | PDF") which automatically arranges your PDF files by author.

Looking at the PDF Category it has a lot of items in it (7308, Administrator, and Kenny ) where do these come from? And how con I open them, if I have no need for them can I just delete and add my own PDFs?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

Those are PDF files that already exist in your database. The PDF Sample Category for PDF lists your PDF files by file extension and then by author. (Author name is provided by whatever product created the PDF document.) If you're more interested in seeing them all, listed by file name or other sort, just click 'pdf' and you should see them all listed.

Right-mouse click one and your should be able to open it with your default PDF reader.

John