Syncronize metadata between iptc and xmp. possible ?

Started by lovstrom, October 23, 2016, 04:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovstrom

Have found that for some of my older jpg-pictures, eg. from 2004, there is no information in an xmp::dc\description field.
But for the same picture I can find the wanted info in the iptc/caption field.
Is there any way to get the xmp/description field updated with the content from the iptc/caption field ? ( without doing it all manually )

I have noticed that when I today add metadata in my new pictures in the xmp::dc\description field, it will automaticalle be copied to to the iptc\caption field.

Have tried to find some information about this, but so far no success, so any  help is much appreciated.

Mario

IMatch automatically maps metadata between IPTC, EXIF, GPS  and XMP on import and export, in accordance with the rules and recommendations defined by the Metadata Working Group.

The fields "legacy IPTC Caption", "EXIF image description"  and "XMP dc:description" are automatically synchronized by IMatch.
This means that IPTC caption is used to fill XMP description on import automatically. If this does not happen, something is wrong with your file, the metadata in the file or your metadata setup in IMatch. The default settings usually just work.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook