Global Sequence

Started by cthomas, November 21, 2016, 05:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I am trying to learn how to use the Reamer. How do you know what  Global Sequence to use? I'm in the U.S.A.

Also I can only see three Presets. Where can I find more Preset?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

The Global Sequence has nothing to do with your location. A global sequence is a feature of the Renamer that allows you to produce constitutive numbers. Global here stands for the fact  that this number is stored and remembered. It is updated every time you run the Renamer, to produce more numbers. The term global sequence is common for this kind of number dispenser.

You use it if you want to rename your file using a unique number than is counted up every time you use it. And since IMatch stores that number, you can run the Renamer later and use more unique numbers.

I'm pretty sure that I have explained this in great detail in the Renamer help topic. Just press <F1> or click on the Help button in the Renamer to find detailed  information on every feature, with examples.

I don't think there are more presets or needed. The help topic is full of examples, users have shared their renaming patterns here often (just trouble the community search engine for terms like rename).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on November 21, 2016, 06:15:39 PM
The Global Sequence has nothing to do with your location. A global sequence is a feature of the Renamer that allows you to produce constitutive numbers. Global here stands for the fact  that this number is stored and remembered. It is updated every time you run the Renamer, to produce more numbers. The term global sequence is common for this kind of number dispenser.

You use it if you want to rename your file using a unique number than is counted up every time you use it. And since IMatch stores that number, you can run the Renamer later and use more unique numbers.

I'm pretty sure that I have explained this in great detail in the Renamer help topic. Just press <F1> or click on the Help button in the Renamer to find detailed  information on every feature, with examples.

I don't think there are more presets or needed. The help topic is full of examples, users have shared their renaming patterns here often (just trouble the community search engine for terms like rename).

Why can't I get the Reamer  to open?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

David_H

Quote from: cthomas on November 22, 2016, 12:39:48 AM

You need to have selected at least one file to rename....

cthomas

Quote from: David_H on November 22, 2016, 07:14:45 AM
Quote from: cthomas on November 22, 2016, 12:39:48 AM

You need to have selected at least one file to rename....

Thanks. That worked.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State