Buddy Files

Started by cthomas, November 20, 2016, 10:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I manly use Canon 7D Mark II, or Canon 40D, or a Canon 20D. Taking mostly wild life, or landscape and people. Now when I set up my database how should I set up the buddy files section?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

Quote from: cthomas on November 20, 2016, 10:52:09 PM
I manly use Canon 7D Mark II, or Canon 40D, or a Canon 20D. Taking mostly wild life, or landscape and people. Now when I set up my database how should I set up the buddy files section?

From the Help:

QuoteIMatch ships with pre-configured relation definitions for many standard usage scenarios.

I'm pretty sure IMatch 5 defaults to having buddy files set up for Canon. So I don't think you'll need to do anything special, unless you're using other applications that generate buddy files (e.g., DxO Pro 11, etc.). XMP files are automatically set as buddy files.

ps - The way IMatch treats buddy files makes simplifies renaming images; it automatically handle renaming them too.

John

Mario

I have created standard buddy file rules for common camera brands. As jch2103 they probably work for you. But it is your responsibility to check which buddy files your camera creates, and which files you consider as buddy files.

And if you use RAW development software which produces files you consider as buddy files (meaning IMatch should keep them together with the master file) you have to add the file extensions yourself. What works for one user may be wrong for another user with a different folder setup or software chain.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook