Google WiFi Router

Started by jeknepley, December 30, 2016, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeknepley

Just received this new router. Bought a set of three. Although a bit pricey, for me it was worth it.

Long narrow home. Two offices - each at opposite ends of the home. Entertainment, music/TV 100% streaming cord-cutter, & NAS at the center of the home where the modem is located.

Setup, using the Google WiFi phone app was a piece of cake, took ~20 minutes max. Provide electricity to each piece plus connect the master to the modem and you're done. The app guides you through the connections and does tests as each piece is added.

Performance - solved my speed problems, especially at the end offices (and most especially at the one belonging to "she who must be obeyed" where the download speed more than tripled; now I'm a hero). The two offices are ~2/3 the speed of the master.

Just thought I'd pass this along since this GWF approach is a departure from traditional routers and some buyers might be reluctant to give it a try at its price-point (buy it from someone like Amazon where returns are easy to eliminate any risk).

Mario

Let us know how IMWS performs  :)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook