Help IMatch by getting the word out

Started by Mario, December 09, 2016, 07:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Dear users.

I was contacted by a new IMatch user today (bought IMatch yesterday) who told me "If only I would have known about IMatch a year ago. I would have saved a ton of money work and nerves"

Sigh. Old problem. IMatch is awesome but not widely known. Despite all my efforts.

You are most likely aware that for a small software vendor like me, getting publicity is both important and unfortunately very difficult.
Big software vendors like Adobe spend hundreds of millions of dollars (!) to promote their products all over the web and in other media. To create a constant stream of reviews, articles, videos, blog entries, 'endorsements' and postings in order to feed the search engines. I cannot afford this.

But what helps IMatch tremendously is when users (you!) talk about it. On dpreview.com. In your favorite photography community. On your web site, ...

It's also super awesome when users take the time and write a review of IMatch, for instance on Capterra:

http://www.capterra.com/digital-asset-management-software/spotlight/126559/IMatch/photools%20com#reviews

BIG thanks to the many users who already wrote a review. You're awesome.

Even if the review is short, it improves the rating of IMatch on Capterra and also in search engines. And that's good.

These days it's all about getting noticed and making a good placement in the search engines.
When IMatch does not show up on the first or second page in the Google results, users will never learn about it.
And this may be bad for the users indeed. They may be forced to work with some bad software  ;)

I do what I can on Facebook, Twitter, my web site and now even on YouTube.

If you like IMatch and you can recommend it with a safe conscience, please do.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

I wrote one of those positive Capterra reviews, and I take every possible opportunity to tell local friends and acquaintances about the power of this wonderful Digital Asset Manager. 

And I can hardly wait for IMATCH Anywhere, which should let me show people a bit of IMatch's value right from my smartphone or other connected devices . . .   THANKS, Mario, for creating and constantly improving IMatch, and for responding so helpfully to your users' comments, problems, and suggestions!  You're the best!
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Jingo

I'm constantly mentioning IMatch as my DAM of choice on site..  but especially dpreview where I know a lot of potential client "live".  In fact - I just wrote a post today where I mentioned Imatch and how I use it in conjunction with Capture One.... always shouting from the rooftops where I can... it really can do it all!

muranod

I always recommend it to my photographer friends. It's a great product. I don't know how anyone could possibly use Lightroom to view and manage their files. I use LR all the time, mostly for printing, but nothing beats the management capabilities of Imatch.

Mario

Thanks to all who help getting the word out. Pure awesomeness
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook