Search Bar - exclude file/folder names

Started by ben, December 18, 2016, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Hello,

is it possible to use the search bar, while ignoring the file names and folder names?

I have several folders, which contain e.g. persons names in the folder name. The pictures in those folders actually don't show these persons, though. So i would like to see only the pictures of those persons which are tagged by some metadata.

Thanks,

Ben

Mario

If you mean by "tagged" keywords: You can use a Category filter or a metadata filter to quickly filter by keyword.

For example, you enable a Metadata Filter and set it to "hierarchical keyword". This shows you all keywords used in the current scope (whatever is in the file window). Then you can just pick the tags you want to see.

If you use the Category Filter, tick the tags you want to see (or not see) under the @Keywords category.

The File Window Search bar also allows you to search in file names, metadata and Attributes. Click on the down arrow button on the right side of the search bar to choose where to search. Click into the search bar and press <F1> to open the corresponding help topic which explains all options and features.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

QuoteIf you mean by "tagged" keywords: You can use a Category filter or a metadata filter to quickly filter by keyword.
Not only keywords, but also other metadata, like title, description, country, city, ...

QuoteFor example, you enable a Metadata Filter and set it to "hierarchical keyword"
Do you mean the filter "metadata search"?
Which option "hierarchical keyword" do you mean?

Mario

I mean the value filter. Configure it as follows to quickly pick from available keywords.
You can also add multiple value filters to the filter panel, if you want to filter by combinations, e.g., keywords, titles, locations, ...

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook