IMatch very slow when all keywords selected (Hours to respond)

Started by ncartwright, January 17, 2017, 11:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncartwright

I am experiencing issues since having to rebuild my IMatch database when all categories or all Keywords are selected.  If either of these are selected IMatch is locking up for several hours until images are displayed.  This is behaviour that I did not encounter until the database was corupted and I had to start from scratch.  If I work from the folders menu it takes around ten seconds to load all images however if I go to the categories menu and select all categories or all keywords it can take four to five hours to display all images and IMatch is unuseable during this period. Given my PC runs a latest generation i7 processor and 32 GB of 2400 MHz RAM and the database and application sit on SSDs, I can not believe this is down to PC performance and prior to the database becomming courrupted the old database did not show this issue.

Any suggestions as to why I am now seeing this extream performance issue?

Regards

neil

Mario

What do you mean with "All keywords or categories are selected"?
Do you mean you bring all files into the file window (e.g. by clicking on the @All category node)?

+ How many files do you have in your database?
+ Do you have filters enabled?
+ File window search bar?
+ Do you use file relations?
+ On which kind of device is your database stored? Local SSD or remote NAS server?
+ Do you have excluded the folder (!) containing the IMatch database from your virus checker?

As always in such cases, if you would attach an IMatch log file we could see what's going on. How many files your database has, how many categories. How long each function takes. If there are errors or warnings logged..

1. Under Help menu > Support enable Debug Logging.
2. Restart IMatch.
3. Do something that you think is slow.
4. ZIP and attach the log file to your reply.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook