Difficulty viewing categories in the categories panel

Started by stonecherub, January 12, 2017, 12:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonecherub

Some of my category paths are long. In the "current" tab of the categories panel, I can see the first three or four levels of category but the rest is off to the right. Is there some way to format the categories to wordwrap in that panel? I have categories listed in a table, one to a line, following a suggestion made two years ago by "Ger."

Mario

The usual solutions would be to make the panel wider or float it (un-dock it) so you can resize it to your liking.
Or dock it below or above the file window, to give it the full width of the IMatch window.
IMatch panels are very flexible and unless you have a really small monitor you can display a lot of data.

Wrapping into multiple lines is not possible with Windows list boxes. At least not with check list boxes  or only with writing a lot of fancy and probably error-prone code. Won't do.
I can look into a way to add a horizontal scroll bar.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

BanjoTom

I've had the same issue.  A horizontal scroll bar would help a lot . . . but in the meantime I will try simply re-docking the window or letting it float.   Not a big deal, but it's nice to be reminded of other options that will be helpful.
— Tom, in Lexington, Kentucky, USA

stonecherub

Splendid suggestions, why didn't I think of that? It makes perfect sense. Mario, don't waste your time on the scroll bar, undocking the panel and moving it elsewhere is a far better solution.

Thank you.