Set metadata for rescan

Started by hanswkraus, January 15, 2017, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanswkraus

Hi,

IMatch 3 allowed me - and I used it - to select values for metadata tags during the import/rescan of directories.

How do I do that with IMatch 5.5? I interpreted all I found to be only a fixed subset of predefined metadata.

Kind regards,
Hans

hanswkraus

Sorry, maybe I meant categories - the thing one defines in the Category window, lower right.
I have a category (I hope that's the right translation, in German it reads 'Kategorien' for
photographer and I would like to fill it out automatically.

Kind regards,
Hans

Mario

I'm not sure that I understand.

Tip: If you start your post subject with [GERMAN] you can write in Deutsch if that is easier for you.

Do you want to automatically assign categories to images when they are added to the database?

You can configure that under Edit > Preferences > Indexing.

Note that IMatch 5 automatically categorizes your images by many criteria. Check out the "IMatch Sample Categories" in the Category View for a start.

Did you read the "For IMatch 3 users" help topic yet? This explains all major changes between IMatch 3 and IMatch 5.
Since most users migrated to IMatch 5 in 2014, many of us don't even recall IMatch 3 anymore. I don't even have it anymore.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook