Filtering by category

Started by stephock, January 21, 2017, 12:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephock

Before I put in a feature request. Perhaps this is already possible, and I have not yet advanced that far on my learning curve.

As the filter panel works on the scope shown in the main file window, is there a way of having the category filter panel display the same scope?

What I mean is, I want to see files with categories AAAA and NNNN only. That's easy enough. As soon as I click AAAA in the filter panel, the main scope changes to show my those files. If I now want to see files with AAAA and NNNN, I click on NNNN (using AND as my option) and I immediately see those files. Each time I further restrict my search, the scope is reduced. This is reflected in the main file window but not in the category panel. It would be great if the category panel also reflected this, so that I do not have to search my main file window to see which categories to further exclude and then scroll down what can be a long list of categories to exclude the ones I don't want.

For the above example, initially all my categories are displayed, AAAA to ZZZZ (thousands of them...). At my next step, the list would show AAAA and NNNN and other relevant categories only, let's say GGGG and YYYY. I can then easily exclude those two categories and very quickly get to where I want to be.

A very simplified example, but I'm sure you get what I mean!

Mario

Such a feature is not available.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook