No thumbnail-preview of my new DNG-files

Started by RainerG, February 12, 2017, 03:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainerG

Hello!

After my holiday i have converted my pics with the dng-converter and imported the new pics with IMatch. I can see no thumbnail-previews (look at the attachement).

Only after editing with ACR i can see the preview (see the first pic at the attachment).

With STRG+SHIFT+F5 and force update i see during the update time a blurred preview. After updating process i see  again only the dng-icon.

This behavior is new :-(

What is wrong?

My config:
Windows 10
IMatch 5.8.4 (today updated)
DNG-Converter 9.7
FastPictureViewerCodecPack is installed
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

As always, it would have helped if you would have attached an IMatch log file from that import session.
Because then we would see error messages and warnings logged by IMatch. Looking at a screen shot does not help in this case.
See Log file in the IMatch help for information about the log file and how it helps with diagnosing problems.

Which DNG codec do you use?

Select one of the files in a file window and then go to Help > Support > WIC diagnosis.
Attach the result.

Note: Adobe changes the DNG format often (this is not really a standardized format anymore).
It is important to always install the latest Adobe DNG codec so you can see your files in non-Adobe applications.

See also WIC Support and Codec Availability.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

Here is the logfile and the wic diagnostic.

The DNG is converted with my MacBookAir. Adobe DNG-Converter is 9.6. But if i convert a pic with Windows Adobe DNG-Converter 9.7 i have the same problem.

The DNGs converted from my Canon 760D *.cr2 RAWs.

RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

The DNG codec handles the file OK so it should work in IMatch without problems.
But when IMatch tries to load the file, both load attempts fail. Unfortunately, all that WIC has to tell is "failed, no error reported".
Not really helpful.

What happens if you do a forced rescan for one of the files. Does this help?
Does IMatch show metadata for these files?
You can send me a sample file so I can check if this problem is related to your computer / DB or a general problem with these DNG files and IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

Hello!

A forced rescan does not help. I can see the exif-information.

I send you an sample-file.
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

Hi,

thanks for the sample file.
It loads here without problems (thumbnail, Quick View Panel, Viewer and slide show).

1. My main system uses the DNG codec provided by FastPictureViewer. Same as you have.

2. Just to make sure, I used IMatch 5.8.2 on a plain-vanilla freshly installed Windows 10 system.
Again, IMatch had no problem processing or displaying the file.
In this case, the standard DNG codec provided by Microsoft Windows 10 was used.

I recommend that you un-install and re-install the FastPicture Viewer codecs.
A recent W10 update caused trouble with the FPV codecs. Maybe your system is affected by that.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

RainerG

Quote from: Mario on February 14, 2017, 01:07:53 PM
I recommend that you un-install and re-install the FastPicture Viewer codecs.
A recent W10 update caused trouble with the FPV codecs. Maybe your system is affected by that.

That was it  ;D ;D ;D

I un-install, re-install the FastPictureViewer codes and force a rescan in IMatch. Now i can see the thumbnails :-).

Very great THANKS!
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

Quote from: RainerG on February 14, 2017, 08:04:30 PM
Very great THANKS!
That's what this community is for. A software is only as good as the support you get for it  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator