Search for Application Settings not working

Started by Joe Austin, February 27, 2017, 01:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Austin

Is there something that has to be done to enable this feature?    I have tried several searches for terms that I know exist, but when I hit 'Next' nothing happens.

Mario

Works here. I just type progress and the dialog highlights "Use load progress overlay".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Joe Austin

Yeah, I don't get it.  It seems so simple and yet I have not seen it work in spite of many tries.

What should happen?   Should the parent of the first matching setting be expanded and the matching setting line be highlighted when you click 'Next'?

sinus

To be honest, I tried it some weeks ago and I understood it not.

Now, after your post, I tried again.

It seems, that the "thread", what you are looking for, must be open.

Means, in the case of Settings", you must have clicked on the plus, so that settings are "open".

Then you write progress and clicks on "next" and then just above your search-word the explanation of progress is written there and the searched line is grey.

It is not easy to see, because the grey is very subtle and not outstanding in a way. If it would be red or so, you would see it.

BUT, it seems to me, the main-themes  like "Settings" or "User Interface" must be open.

btw: if you type a word and waits a bit, the word will be found, even if you not click on the next-button.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

This is a function of the UI toolit. It searches in all visible entries. It will not unfold or anything. It you want me to implement that, add a feature request and I might consider spending some time with that for one of the releases this year.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook