Description of individual images

Started by Bunothan, March 17, 2017, 05:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunothan

I have a number of images which contain groups with identifiable persons. How do I tag individual images with additional data such as the people in them? I have set up Keywords with descriptors such as family name/ decade/ parish , district/ photographic studio etc  but need to include individual image data.  Am I missing something?

Iain

Mario

There are several data elements you can use.

Usually this kind of info goes into the image description (XMP description). You can edit this in the Metadata Panel in IMatch. Same for title or headline.
This makes the data also available in other applications and also usable for search & filter operations.

If this is about people, I would consider adding face annotations in the Viewer. This allows you to identify each person in the image. IMatch automatically maps the face annotations to XMP regions (so the data is available in other software) and also maps the "tag" you assign to each face into your hierarchical keywords. You can control in which "branch" if your keyword hierarchy IMatch maps the tags. Pretty flexible.

For detailed information, search for face in the IMatch help system index.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook