Wrong folders tree into IMatch after reinstall OS

Started by A1ex, April 14, 2017, 09:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A1ex

Hi. I have trouble with recovery my IMatch after reinstall OS.

What I did:

• Pack my DB through Pack & Go
  • Copied(backup) my DATA folder
  • Copied(backup) %PROGRAMDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5 folder
  • Copied(backup) %APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5 folder
  • Reinstalled OS(same username, but compname is different)
  • Installed IMatch(same version)
  • Copied data from backup to %PROGRAMDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5
  • Copied data from backup to %APPDATA%\photools.com\IMatch5
  • Returned my DATA folder at same place
  • Restore my DB through Pack & Go

Next I launched IMatch and I saw at Media & Folders tab that my folders is "off-line"(with yellow triangle)  :(

If I RightClick on C: drive in my tree path and use Relocate(point the same place), then I have wrong folder im my folders tree between C: and child folder(you can see screenshot for better understanding)

I can't understand why it is, but I do not change my phisical hard drive, but when I reinstalled OS, I recreated logical drive(C:)

How can I remove this?

Mario

Did you try to close and re-open IMatch?

Reinstalling the OS may produce a new disk serial number and hence a relocate is normal and to be expected.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

A1ex

Quote from: Mario on April 14, 2017, 11:22:20 AM
Did you try to close and re-open IMatch?

Yes, I tried.
I also tried run "Database Diagnostics"(no error)
Tried "drag and drop" my real folder(Folder2 from screenshot) into C:
Nothing helped  :(

Quote from: Mario on April 14, 2017, 11:22:20 AM
Reinstalling the OS may produce a new disk serial number and hence a relocate is normal and to be expected.

I thought that it's mean hardware serial number hard drive, but if this were, then it isn't happened. Isn't it?

Mario

When Windows formats a disk, it allocates a new disk id. This is what IMatch uses.

In your screen shot, IMatch reports two media (the gray boxes).

Folder 2 is on-line and thus IMatch has found it.
Folder 1 is marked as off-line (Yellow icon). You need to relocate it.

After the relocate, IMatch will remove the media nodes. It shows them only if multiple media (disks) exist for the same drive (C:).

Don't drag and drop your folders again into your database. This will add the folders again, but as new folders, without the categories etc. you have assigned.
You don't want that.

Just relocate Folder 1 to the correct location. If you do it right, the off-line icon will vanish.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

A1ex

BINGO! Thank you!!!  :D

When I relocated folder, I closed and reopened IMatch and everything turned out!