The All New Map Panel - now with Google Maps!

Started by Mario, April 18, 2017, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

Today I've completed the integration of Google Maps into the IMatch 2017 Map Panel  :)

This means we have now support for the latest OpenLayers (OpenStreetMap, Bing Maps, others) and Google Maps.

Except for some minor visual differences (e.g., the background colors used for the popups or the icons)  users won't notice any difference. They just pick the map type they want to use.

Note: Due to policy changes, users will need to enter a key for both Bing and Google Maps (Google no longer allows access to their maps without a "key"). The keys are free for private sensible low-volume use so their is no drawback.

If you are a heavy user and produce thousands of map calls per day, Google/Bing may restrict access to the maps when your daily quote is exceeded. You can then either wait, or switched to a paid plan.

I obviously cannot afford to pay for Google Maps or Bing Maps for all IMatch users.
I provide the Map Panel App for free, and also the integration for OpenLayers and Google.
Of course the map app uses official IMatch / IMatchWebServices functions to do all the magic, which means users can extend these apps or write their own apps to do other things.

This is how Google Maps looks in the new IMatch 2017 App Panel (click to zoom):

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook