Issue with importing Tiff to Imatch from Alien Skin Exposure x2

Started by beellecee, May 15, 2017, 09:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beellecee

Hi,

Have just returned to Imatch after many years!

However, I have a small problem in the way that Imatch is reading tiff files imported from Exposure x2.  My workflow is raw developing in Capture One or DXO, then sometimes post-raw work in Exposure X2. I have been finding that although I can view a CR2 raw file at full size in Imatch, the Tiff file imported from Exposure X2 can not be viewed at full size (that of the original raw file). I can, however, view the X2 file at full size in other applications (e.g., Lightroom). I really want to get this working!

Any ideas much appreciated!

[Edit: I meant to say that the resolution of the tif file remains the same as the original raw]

Mario

IMatch supports a wide range of standard TIFF files. If it has problems reading a particular file, the reason is usually a TIF variant not supported by any of the image processing libraries included in IMatch.

Frankly, I don't recall a similar case so this most likely means your TIF files are non-standard. Try to re-save them in your favorite image editor. Then for a forced rescan in IMatch (select the file(s) in a file window, then press <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<F5> and choose "Force Update"). This should allow IMatch to read your files just fine.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

beellecee

Thanks Mario,

I did find that by opening and saving the Exposure x2 tif via photoshop allowed Imatch to read the file correctly. I think this is a problem more with the X2 tif file than Imatch.  :)