Work Space

Started by cthomas, May 23, 2017, 12:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

This image is in my work space. How can I use my mouse to select the name of this image?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Art

Assuming you want to copy the name of the file, a quick and dirty way could be to select the image and then use the right mouse button to bring up the context menu. From there select rename (or press F2) and then you can select the filename from the rename dialog.

Another way is to click on the metadata tab in the panel on the right (when using default workspace) and click on File Name in the IMatch Metadata section, use right mouse button to bring up context menu and select "copy name/value"

cthomas

Quote from: Art on May 23, 2017, 12:21:06 AM
Assuming you want to copy the name of the file, a quick and dirty way could be to select the image and then use the right mouse button to bring up the context menu. From there select rename (or press F2) and then you can select the filename from the rename dialog.

Another way is to click on the metadata tab in the panel on the right (when using default workspace) and click on File Name in the IMatch Metadata section, use right mouse button to bring up context menu and select "copy name/value"

When I select the image and then use the right mouse button to bring up the context menu. From there select rename al I get is a sound like a dong.

Can you show  me how to do this: Another way is to click on the metadata tab in the panel on the right (when using default workspace) and click on File Name in the IMatch Metadata section, use right mouse button to bring up context menu and select "copy name/value"?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

The easiest way to rename a file is to select it (left click on it) and press F2, which brings up the rename dialog.

Also see the Quick Start Guide (Help/The IMatch Quick Start Guide...), esp the IMatch Cheat Sheets section.

John

Mario

1. The image is off-line (yellow warning icon). IMatch cannot find the file.
This is why you cannot use the rename command. You cannot rename a file that does not exist.

2. To copy a file name into the clipboard, press <Ctrl>+<C> (or use Copy from the context menu) after selecting the file.

To copy the file name only, with or without extension, use the Copy Data app. Use the variable
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook