corresponding IMatch 5 and 2017 methods

Started by akirot, May 29, 2017, 11:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akirot

Browsing the online documentation I'm trying to find out corresponding methods for the migration of my scripts - Mario please could you help and list the corresponding IMatch 2017 methods and/or provide a guesstimate when they will become available?

Application.Database.SelectFoldersDialog(...) -> folderBrowser(params) → {Promise}?
QueryFiles (...)
RemoveFile(...)
AddFile(...)
Database.CreateManualVersion(...)
Database.DeleteManualVersion(...)

Thank You

Mario

The programming model is different.
Creating a map of "What we did use in ol' BASIC" and what is the equivalent function in IMWS would be very time consuming. And, given the very small number of users who would ever read it, a waste of my time, sorry. I have already spent a lot (too much, probably)  time writing all the documentation included in IMWS and in the Developer Center.

Did you study the many example scripts yet that are included in IMatch (App Manager)?  They are grouped around specific topics, like "Dialogs" or "Files".

There you will find documented uses for all the endpoints you mention in your post. Run the scripts in your web browser and use the developer tools to step though the code. Read the comments  wrote for each function, they explain what they do.

If you don't know what a Promise is, please refer to the Code Recipes and Tips in the IMatch Developer Center and one of the many useful tutorials or explain videos available on the web. See the start page of the Developer Center (right margin) for some useful pointers for JavaScript and HTML5.

I don't remember creating an API that removes manual versions, .There are no endpoints like AddFile (IMWS adds new files automatically in indexed folders) or RemoveFile yet. I assume you want to manually add (?) and remove a file from the database in an app?

The current state of the IMWS and IMatch WebServices cover a lot of ground and allow to create amazing apps and services. In many areas it exceeds what was doable in BASIC. Not to speak of things like modern user interfaces, utilizing multiple processors etc. Or programmability from the 'outside' in multiple programming languages.

If there is demand for additional endpoints,let me know via the Feature Request Board here in the community. Adding a few endpoints is not hard and if I see a use for a wider range of apps (or users) I will happily add new stuff for future updates.

My idea was to ship IMatch 2017 with a very broad scripting API and then sit back and watch the FR's coming in.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

akirot

Rephrasing my question:

I have implemented my own version management system based on IMatch.
In my scipts I make use of

Database.CreateManualVersion(...)
Database.DeleteManualVersion(...)

(besides others).

Have you read the IMatch Help ;-) (because you don't remember these APIs) ?
See screenshot for reference :-)

How do I achieve this functionality in IMatch 2017?

Currently I can't find it. This prevents me from upgrading/migrating even if I want to replace existing scripts.

Citing you: "IMatch 2017 is a huge but evolutionary upgrade. This means that no migration procedures are required."

Please don't tell us you are waiting for feature requests...for features which have been there before IMatch2017.

Mario

QuoteHow do I achieve this functionality in IMatch 2017?

Not necessarily all methods that were available in BASIC are also available in IMWS (yet).
I've implemented the (in my opinion) most frequently used functions, plus all enhancements required for IMWS and IMatch 2017. This is not necessarily complete. The BASIC scripting object model was enhanced over many years, after all...

Feel free to post a feature request for functions/methods/properties you are missing. I will look into these requests for future IMWS enhancements.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

@akirot

You will be happy to hear that I have added new endpoints to IMWS for working with stacks and also endpoints for creating and deleting manual version sets. If testing is successful, I will include these new endpoints in IMatch 2017.6.4. There are also two new sample apps which show how to use the stack and relation endpoints.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator