Renamer - Sortprofile doesn't work? Same Name when in different folders?

Started by Menace, May 29, 2017, 05:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menace

Hi!

I make something wrong, but I can't figure out what:

I rename my files after "Darwin-Core-Elements" + "number" [German: Eindeutige Nummer]

1. Even if I choose sortprofile "Erstellungsdatum" the numbers are different from date - profile.
2. If I choose a Category and rename the files (they are in different folders) of this Category, the get the same name/number if they are in different folders.

Maybe this is because of some metadata-issue or is there something wrong with the renamer of IMatch 2017?

Mario

I don't understand. Show us an example of your renamer setup, which file names you have for input, which file name you have for output.
The "unique number" is added to the file name when the Renamer detects a file name collision.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

Currently the name for input are the same for output, because it hasn't the right order. Right order should be from old picture to young picture.
For example:
Oldest picture are from 23.05.2010 should get the number XY - 0001
youngest picture from 27.05.2010 should get the number XY - 0016

But this doesn't happend in IMatch 2017; it works quite fine in IMatch 5.5

When I have a lot of pictures from different folders in the categorie-Panel, shouldn't they get different name because of different files, no matter in which folders they are?

Mario

How do you select the files for the Renamer?
Do you bring all files into a file window, then press <Ctrl>+<A> and run the Renamer?
Do you show hierarchies in the file window?

I'm still not sure what the actual problem is.
Which criteria is the Erstellungsdatum using for the sort?
Do you say that the sort is wrong and thus the files get the wrong name?
In that case we would need to see the sort profile and the metadata of two files which are sorted wrong.

Note: The Renamer will process your files in the order in which they appear in the file window when you use the same sort profile.
This may help in debugging.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

Quote from: Mario on May 29, 2017, 07:36:56 PM
How do you select the files for the Renamer?

Sometimes in Medien und Verzeichnisse, sometimes in "Kategorien"

QuoteDo you bring all files into a file window, then press <Ctrl>+<A> and run the Renamer?

Shift + left Mouseclick

QuoteDo you show hierarchies in the file window?
No, just one.

Which criteria is the Erstellungsdatum using for the sort?
Do you say that the sort is wrong and thus the files get the wrong name?

Yes. I use the build-in-Erstellungsdatum from IMatch.

In that case we would need to see the sort profile and the metadata of two files which are sorted wrong.

Note: The Renamer will process your files in the order in which they appear in the file window when you use the same sort profile.
This may help in debugging.

It seems, that the "Erstellungsdatum" inside the renamer is more a "Änderungsdatum" now. With "Änderungsdatum" the order would be exact, how it should be. But I prefer a sort order of "Erstellungsdatum".

Mario

The Renamer applies the selected sort profile to your files, then renames them.
If the Erstellungsdatum is the unmodified default sort profile, it sorts by the Capture date and time, and then by file name. If two files have the same capture time, the name is what decides the sort order. Have you identified two files which are sorted in the wrong order (and thus would cause the file name to be incorrect after the renaming)?

Note: if (some) of your files have no capture time (IMatch checks date/time created, create date/time) (see EXIF date & time in the Help) it will use the "last modified" date and time on disk. Did you check that all your files have embedded capture times and thus are sorted correct?

I've made a quick check and the Renamer sorts files into the order created by the selected sort profile, then runs the rename. Works as designed.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Menace

Quote from: Mario on May 30, 2017, 08:26:09 AM
Note: if (some) of your files have no capture time (IMatch checks date/time created, create date/time) (see EXIF date & time in the Help) it will use the "last modified" date and time on disk. Did you check that all your files have embedded capture times and thus are sorted correct?

Maybe it is because of the new Camera Model EOS 5D IV?

I have two files on my HP: https://cloud-w-hoelzel.de/index.php/s/3jC7jxEghUCtM92

Name: Gast
PW: IMatchPW

Mario

Just identify some files which are sorted incorrectly, then look at the metadata to decide why this is the case. Looking at two isolated files here will be of no use.

As I said above, first find files which are not sorted correctly. Then we can figure out why the sort fails by looking at the metadata of these files.
You should be able to find files sorted wrongly in the file window. Just use the same sort profile, make sure your file window layout shows the name and the Date & Time and then have a look. If you find files not sorted correctly, you can check the metadata to see what the problem is.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Menace

Quote from: Mario on May 30, 2017, 04:10:46 PM
Just identify some files which are sorted incorrectly, then look at the metadata to decide why this is the case. Looking at two isolated files here will be of no use.

As I said above, first find files which are not sorted correctly. Then we can figure out why the sort fails by looking at the metadata of these files.
You should be able to find files sorted wrongly in the file window. Just use the same sort profile, make sure your file window layout shows the name and the Date & Time and then have a look. If you find files not sorted correctly, you can check the metadata to see what the problem is.

You saw the files in the link? This are the files which are not sorted correctly.
This files are sorted incorrectly by the renamer:
Philodromus dispar - - 0001.jpg is much younger than Philodromus dispar - - 0009.jpg.

Philodromus dispar - - 0001.jpg  Data From IMatch:
{File.MD.Composite\DateTimeCreated\DateTimeCreated\0} Erstellungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2017:05:27 19:01:43+02:00
{File.MD.Composite\DateTimeOriginal\DateTimeOriginal\0} Erstellungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2017:05:27 19:01:43+02:00
{File.MD.Composite\DigitalCreationDateTime\DigitalCreationDateTime\0} Digitalisierungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2017:05:27 19:01:43+02:00

{File.MD.Exif::Main\36868\CreateDate\0} Digitalisierungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2017:05:27 19:01:43
{File.MD.Exif::Main\36867\DateTimeOriginal\0} Erstellungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2017:05:27 19:01:43
{File.MD.IPTC::ApplicationRecord\60\TimeCreated\0} Erstellungszeit   19:01:43+02:00
{File.MD.XMP::exif\DateTimeOriginal\DateTimeOriginal\0} Erstellungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2017:05:27 19:01:43

Philodromus dispar - - 0009.jpg  From IMatch:
{File.MD.Composite\DigitalCreationDateTime\DigitalCreationDateTime\0} Digitalisierungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2010:05:30 17:33:35+02:00
{File.MD.Composite\DateTimeCreated\DateTimeCreated\0} Erstellungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2010:05:23 17:55:01+02:00
{File.MD.Composite\DateTimeOriginal\DateTimeOriginal\0} Erstellungsdatum/-uhrzeit   2010:05:23 17:55:01+02:00

How you can see ist "0009" older than "0001". Which Variable uses the "Erstellungsdatum"?

Mario

I've downloaded the files. This is what I see when I look at them in the file window, using the Capture Time (Erstellungsdatum) sort profile.
I use the Date & Time attribute in my file window layout. This shows me the same date/time the Capture time sort profile uses:

As you can see, I have renamed the files to B and A, to easier understand what the Renamer does.
The results are correct.

I setup the Renamer to use the original file name, and a four-digit unique number.
I select both files in the file window and run the Renamer.

1. I don't use a sort profile.
The Renamer processes the files in the order in which they appear in the file window.
Output order: B A => OK

2. I switch the Renamer to the Capture Time profile.
Output order B A => OK (B is older than A)

3. I switch the Renamer to the Default sort profile.
Output order: A B => OK (Default sorts by file name)

This looks OK for me. Anything I should do different?

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Menace

I guess I found my mistake.

After I rename all for "date - time" (Step 1) and after this with my "Darwin-Core-Renamer" all is perfect.

I hoped, the file will be renamed in the right order, even if they have already four-digit unique numbers. But than nothing happend (they was just renamed in the same name without sorted new).
So, if I have problems I just rename after date  and than after time and than after "Darin-Core".

And I changed "Eindeutige Nummer" to "Laufende Nummer der Datei". After this, I can also rename for the categories.

Once again: Thank you Mario for your patient help.

Mario

The "Eindeutige Nummer" wird nur angehängt, wenn ein doppelter Dateiiname gefunden wird. Um ihn eindeutig zu machen.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Menace

Quote from: Mario on May 31, 2017, 06:33:52 PM
The "Eindeutige Nummer" wird nur angehängt, wenn ein doppelter Dateiiname gefunden wird. Um ihn eindeutig zu machen.

Ah, maybe this was the problem at the first place.  :) Sorry for this mistake.