Install of new version destroys old version after failure tgo install

Started by WzeroMN, June 02, 2017, 04:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WzeroMN

I opened Imatch 2017 and got message tat new version available. I downloaded the installer and tried to install the new version just released. It ran part way but then got a message that installer has insufficient privilege and should log as administrator. It wanted to use Desktop Public directory if I remember correctly. I switched user to administrator and tried again and got the same message. I have always installed from a standard user account but gave the admin password when asked. Never had a problem before but even trying from Admin account it fails.

Now I have no version. The old one does not exist anymore and I cannot install the new one in any account.

I am now without any version of Imatch.
Please help.

Obviously I cannot find an answer in help since I no longer have an installation :-)

Running W10 latest updates
Hierro cnadente, batir de repente

Mario

Windows will automatically prompt you via UAC when it runs the installer. Same as IMatch 5 always did, fully automatic.

To me this sounds like the installed file is either damaged or you have downloaded it into a folder that has some sort of restriction.

1. Check that the file is OK bny right-click in Windows Explorer and then click on Digital Signature.
2. Move the downloaded file into a regular folder from which you are allowed to run software.
3. Maybe just delete the downloaded file and download again.

You can also use Windows Installer to create a log file during installation. This may help us to figure out why the installer is making problems on your system:

1. Open an Admin Command Prompt.
2. CD to the folder containing the downloaded installer file.
3. Enter

msiexec /i imatch_licensed_2017_6_2.msi /l*v MyLogFile.txt

This will record information about the install process, errors encountered and suchlike.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Mario

I've just installed all recent versions of IMatch 2017 (2017.5.4 +) on top of each other. On a machine with IMatch 5.8 installed and on a machine without IMatch 5. No problems with the installer or permissions. Windows 7 and Windows 10. Looks good.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

WzeroMN

I should have  done the download again. Not sure if that was the problem but it did fix it. Digital signature of the old file was good.

Thanks greatly :) for implementing the map scale on Google Maps. Ig works fine.
Hierro cnadente, batir de repente