Uninstall IMatch 5.8.4

Started by Mees Dekker, June 05, 2017, 02:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mees Dekker

I installed IMatch 2017 successfully; works fine and is faster. I installed alongside IMatch 5.8.4 (just to be sure), but now no longer need the old version. I therefore want to in-install" IMatch 5.8.4

Imatch 2017 uses the same cache folder as IMatch 5.8.4 and I don't want to loose that folder. Is it safe to uninstall IMatch 5.8.4 via Windows10?

HaWo

Hans-Wolfgang

Mees Dekker

Thanks.

I had been looking in the help, but was not aware of this entry in the knowledge base.

Mario

Quote from: Mees Dekker on June 05, 2017, 03:06:07 PM
Thanks.

I had been looking in the help, but was not aware of this entry in the knowledge base.

IMatch 2017 is still brand-new. I have not even notified users properly (will do so this week).
Since the uninstall instructions changed often over the first days, it was best to keep them on-line.

It's hard to tell where users will search for information about uninstalling - if at all.
Some will use the help, but where?
Some will look at the photools.com web site, but where?
Some will probably want to see a note in the release notes of the first couple of releases.
There was just not enough time to write all this, roll out IMatch 2017, do all the support, emails, community posts, ...
Still on my to-do list.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook