Event triggered scripts and interfaceless scripts

Started by Carlo Didier, June 12, 2017, 09:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

For my workflow, I need to have scripts triggered directly by events like "file added" or "file modified". Like the old database events in IM 5.x
Those scripts could be without user interface, i.e. no html, only javascript, as they do not need to interact with the user at all.
Having to put such scripts in an app panel is not workable (see https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=6703.0).

sinus

I have no clue, is this doable or not. Finally there are also some "events" automatically native in IMatch:

the Background indexig on or off.

If on, then new or updated files will bei for example automatically propagated.

But if the same logic could start a JS-script: no clue.

I personally do not use such a thing, but I can see some advantages and finally we do never know, what we one day are using.  ;D
And because it would help your workflow, I give it a like +1

But I have really "keine Ahnung", how many users want this and how hard it would be to implement for Mario.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

ben

Personally i don't need event triggered scripts, but i can understand that there are certain usecases.

Anyway
+1
for "interfaceless scripts"

David_H

Quote from: Carlo Didier on June 12, 2017, 09:55:17 PM
For my workflow, I need to have scripts triggered directly by events like "file added" or "file modified". Like the old database events in IM 5.x

+1; I use them to copy images sized for printing or other outputs into a consolidated folder for that output (so when a 5x7 print is added to the db, a copy of that image is saved into the appropriate 'to print' folder, then i just need to go into the 'to print' folder and send all the files in there off for printing).