Mac OS resource fork

Started by nbagno, June 17, 2017, 05:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbagno

Many of my images are imported from Mac OS9 due to compatibility requirements of a number of my film scanners. How to I keep Imatch from trying to display the resource fork as an image? Some of them, maybe all seem to be in a resource.frk folder. If I remove that folder from the database, won't it come back if I rescan?  Not sure how I should handle this.

Mario

Unless you disable the 'recursive' option for folder indexing, IMatch will include all sub-folders and all files. The resource fork folder will thus always show up in IMatch. This is some proprietary Apple thing and IMatch does not have features to somehow hide or ignore this folder.

You can set it to hidden in Windows Explorer and then tell IMatch to ignore hidden folders under Edit > Preferences > Indexing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

nbagno

Thanks for the quick response. I think I just occasionally delete all the files in the resource folder.

Cheers

Art

Quote from: nbagno on June 17, 2017, 07:26:18 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I think I just occasionally delete all the files in the resource folder.

Cheers

Another option, depending on how you import files, could be to have your import/downloader utility ignore the resource.frk folders upon import into your main folder but perhaps have them included into the backup folder. When I import files they get imported into both the main (working) folder and a backup folder on a different drive as well in case something goes wrong in the main folder. The import/downloader also takes care of file renaming if used.