Imatch 2017 application colors/themes

Started by ThomasAdams, June 18, 2017, 04:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasAdams

Hello,

I just purchased the upgrade to IMatch 2017. I had taken a break from photography for some time due to health reasons and thus had not really updated to 5.XX. So please excuse my inexperience if I am missing something or... Lots of something's. ;D

In IMatch 3.6 the application settings for colors were organized in a single location. It seems like with 5 & 6 they colors are all spread out and I am having difficulty determining which application setting name corresponds with which element on the UI. I want to experiment however once I get to a point where I like the colors, I hesitate as there is no way it seems to save the "theme". There are some colors I am trying to change that do not seem affected by anything I choose (some Orange highlights for example).

Now realistically speaking , I generally find a color scheme I like and I just stick with it. So personally I would not suggest spending a lot of time on implementing a scheming system, but if there was a way to backup the preferences (even manually) for the changes to color I would appreciate knowing how to do so to make experimenting less frustrating. If I missed the option somewhere I would not hesitate using it right now either :)

Regards,
Tom

Mario

IMatch comes with two themes (all darkish) and you can individually control the colors used for the file window (if you have to) (Edit > Preferences > File Window) and also other UI elements (Edit > Preferences > Application).

You are correct: Most people never bother with changing any of the colors or the theme.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Art

It seems the colour settings are not saved with the workspace, unless I missed an option somewhere. Could it be an option to save the window and panel etc. colour settings with the workspace instead of creating a themes feature if that would make things simpler to implement?

I do tweak colours here and there and it would be useful to have some way of saving the changes, whether this is through a theme or through workspace settings, so that it can also be shared with another install of IMatch (e.g. desktop and laptop). As things may be configured differently on a laptop than on a desktop I'd rather not have to overwrite settings.

I'm asking this before submitting/supporting a feature request on this.

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on June 18, 2017, 07:31:02 AM
... you can individually control the colors used for the file window (if you have to) (Edit > Preferences > File Window) and also other UI elements (Edit > Preferences > Application).

Hi Mario are the colors for the above 'File Window and the Other UI elements' saved in a file in

C:\ProgramData\photools.com\imatch6\Presets

or somewhere else.

Locating this file would enable users like myself, ThomasAdams and others who like to tweak the colors to thier own preferences by  backing  this file up while we experiment.

Like ThomasAdams said,  I too had difficulty determining which application setting name corresponds with which element on the UI.

It took me ages through hours of experimenting to find a nice 'dark theme' which I use.

If I knew which file the colors were saved in I could post this file here for others to try my 'Dark Theme'   if they wished

Mario

IMatch stores all settings in the global IMatch settings database. This database is not editable by users.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator