Category Panel: Use Category Text Color #00182

Started by cthomas, June 27, 2017, 10:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

This is one of the Release Notes. And I have been trying to use it but I haven't  been able to use it. Can some body tell me how to use it?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

This is automatic.

When you set a text color for a category in the Category View:

IMatch will use that color for the tab in the Category Panel as well.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on June 27, 2017, 11:41:35 PM
This is automatic.

When you set a text color for a category in the Category View:

IMatch will use that color for the tab in the Category Panel as well.

You said this is automatic but how do do get this to work?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

If you set a text color for a category and then add this category as a tab to the Category Panel, the tab will use the text color.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

thrinn

You have set the text color of IM-TEST to yellow in your example.
Now, open the Categories Panel (View -> Panels -> Categories). Click on the gear icon in the title bar of the Categories panel.
You can now configure additional category tabs. Let's take the first one. Enter a name for the category tab (I chose "Color Test"). Select IM-TEST as Category.
Now, be sure that "Use category text color for tabs" is marked (at the bottom of the dialog). Leave the dialog with ok.
You should now see an additional tab in yellow in the Categories panel, named "Color Test".

Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

thrinn

As an additional remark: As explained in the release notes and / or IMatch help, only the text color will be used, not the background color.
Thorsten

cthomas

Quote from: thrinn on June 29, 2017, 06:23:18 PM
As an additional remark: As explained in the release notes and / or IMatch help, only the text color will be used, not the background color.

Ok does this look right.  If you have more then one of the same Tab. How can you delete it?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Click oni the Gear icon in the Category Panel (not Category View) to customize the additional panels.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

thrinn

Quote from: cthomas on June 29, 2017, 09:43:34 PM
Ok does this look right.  If you have more then one of the same Tab. How can you delete it?
I am not sure I understand what you want to do. Do you mean you want to get rid of some of the additional tabs?
This is easy: Open the configuration dialog  (first screenshot in my previous post). Remove the "Visible" checkmark for the tabs you don't want to see.
Thorsten