Started by RainerG, August 09, 2014, 12:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainerG

A additional option for the slide show.

Smaller (and biger) pics fit to screen - allow grow
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

There are already such options. If you set the "fill screen, allow grow" the entire screen will be filled, even if the image needs to be enlarged.
If you do that for portrait images, the image is automatically centered.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

There three options:

Fit to screen
- smaller portrait pics are not grow
- at top and bottom a black bar

Scale to fill screen
- same: smaller portrait pics are not grow
- at top and bottom a black bar

Scale to fill screen (allow grow)
- scale to width and cut the top and the buttom

I mean that the small pic grow to use the complete height (or width) but not crop the pic (like big pics)

RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Richard

What is the file size of one of your "smaller portrait pics"?

Mario

Quote from: RainerG on August 09, 2014, 01:01:06 PM
I mean that the small pic grow to use the complete height (or width) but not crop the pic (like big pics)
This means that you often have images which are smaller than your screen height. Or images smaller than your screen with, but also with a height smaller than your screen height. Not a common case, I suppose. We'll see if and how many other users upvote this.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

Quote from: Richard on August 09, 2014, 02:58:20 PM
What is the file size of one of your "smaller portrait pics"?

For example 900 x 600. In portrait/landscape there is left, right, top, bottom black frame. And Scale to fill screen (allow grow) cut the smaller pics.
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

RainerG

Quote from: Mario on August 09, 2014, 03:09:34 PM
This means that you often have images which are smaller than your screen height. Or images smaller than your screen with, but also with a height smaller than your screen height. Not a common case, I suppose. We'll see if and how many other users upvote this.

I begin to work with DNG-files. and all the DNGs are converted with "Volle Größe" in the Adobe DNG Converter. In the SlideShow all the DNGs have about a size from 1024 x 685. A very big black frame in the slideshow!

The DNG-Previews in the sildeshow are smaller in height and width.

I work with ACR 8.6 in Photoshop CS6 on Win7.
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Aubrey

When converting to DNG files, one can select size of embedded jpg. Medium is default, but this can be changed to 100%.

Aubrey

RainerG

Quote from: Aubrey on August 10, 2014, 08:42:44 PM
When converting to DNG files, one can select size of embedded jpg. Medium is default, but this can be changed to 100%.

Aubrey

Yes, i did it --> i wrote  "Volle Größe" that means "full size" ;-). But that did not help.
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Aubrey

Apologies, only read  French, Italian and Spanish.

Do you convert raw files to Dng? If you are converting jpg, then perhaps the original jpg is smaller than screen?

Aubrey

RainerG

Quote from: Aubrey on August 11, 2014, 10:09:25 PM
Apologies, only read  French, Italian and Spanish.

Do you convert raw files to Dng? If you are converting jpg, then perhaps the original jpg is smaller than screen?

Aubrey

CR2-RAW converting in DNG
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

RainerG

Also in v5.1.14.
I can  see the DNG-Files (generated with DNG-converter with jpg-preview in highest-resolution and also saved pics with ACR 8.5 with the highest preview resolution) in the slideshow only in a small resolution approximately 1024x683.

Is this normal??

When look my DNGs in example with faststone picture Viewer the pics are in fully resolution (fit to screeen).

Look at the attachment. The DNG-view is with a big frame. But JPGs looks very well (fit to screeen - the sample-pic has no black frame at top and bottom). With landscape it's not better!

Why don't do this IMatch with the DNGs?

Has anyone else also this problem?

[attachment deleted by admin]
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

@Rainer:

Why do you ask questions in a feature request?
This not only spoils the feature request with unrelated information, but you won't most likely get an answer.
We have a General Discussion forum and a Bug Report forum for that purpose.

Please copy your question to the appropriate board and include a log file in debug mode, because this will tell us where the small image comes from - i suspect your WIC codec.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

RainerG

You are right. Sorry. I just searched for this and simply written off.
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mees Dekker

Quote from: Mario on August 09, 2014, 03:09:34 PM

Although this is a very old item, it  gained some significance over the last years. This is mainly because there is good number of 4K screens available on the market now, while a large part of the pictures (in my database) are taken with lower res camera's. Another reason for low res pictures is that they are edited to a size of (i.e.) 1920 * 1080 where the screen has a higher res.

Could this feature request be re-activated please?

Mario

The Viewer has a seamless zoom feature (Alt+Mouse) and also zoom steps (Ctrl + +  or -). It retains the zoom factor when you switch between images. I'm not sure that more is needed.
Unless you work with vastly differently sized files in one Viewer session, perhaps. In that case, feel free to add a new feature request.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator