Categories

Started by cthomas, July 08, 2017, 09:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I can't  get my Categories set up like this: Universal Catalog > What > Animals & Pets > Birds. Instead I get What > Animals & Pets .

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

jch2103

Quote from: cthomas on July 08, 2017, 09:54:30 PM
I can't  get my Categories set up like this: Universal Catalog > What > Animals & Pets > Birds. Instead I get What > Animals & Pets .

The lower part of your screenshot shows that you have in fact set up 'Universal Catalog > What > Animals & Pets'. All you need to do how is right-click on 'Animals & Pets' and create a New Child (i.e., 'Birds').

You can probably delete the categories above (e.g., Universal Catalog > Animals & Pets) as they don't include 'What'.
John

cthomas

Quote from: jch2103 on July 08, 2017, 10:30:11 PM
Quote from: cthomas on July 08, 2017, 09:54:30 PM

The lower part of your screenshot shows that you have in fact set up 'Universal Catalog > What > Animals & Pets'. All you need to do how is right-click on 'Animals & Pets' and create a New Child (i.e., 'Birds').

You can probably delete the categories above (e.g., Universal Catalog > Animals & Pets) as they don't include 'What'.

Thanks for your replay but I don't think this is still right. It seems like when I add Universal Catalog > What > Animals & Pets that Birds and the other children of Birds should be added.
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

Carl read John's reply again carefully, he told you exactly what you need to do.

Mario

To inset a new child category:

1. Select the category under which you want to add the new category by left-clicking.
2. Press the <Ins> button on your keyboard.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook