Installing IMatch on a Second Computer ?

Started by emef, August 06, 2017, 01:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emef

Hello everyone,
Leaving soon on vacation, I would like to install Imatch on the laptop of my wife in order to already catalog the photos daily.

First is it allowed (to have the program on two different computers)?
Then, practically, how to do this: I suppose it would be necessary to create a new database, with the possibility of mixing the two databases once you enter my main computer?
Is it possible, easy, secure (so as not to destroy everything during the import?

I have to "colorize" my different keywords under "@keywords" (Color-Coding Inherit function)*, do I have to redo my hand on the laptop or can I do it? To import the base structure on the laptop before my departure (which base, at this stage, will not contain any photos)? By copying the thesaurus manager maybe? If so, where to copy it for the new database to use?

Well, I'll stop here, so do not overburden this post. If the answer is positive, I will give or ask for further clarification.
Thank you for your patience.

*see attached file

thrinn

Mario has written a whole chapter "Travelling with IMatch" in the help. I think most of your questions have been already answered there.

Basically, the Pack & Go utility automates many steps you described. But just read the help, the chapter already contains step-by-step instructions.  ;)
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

emef