Moveing Category

Started by cthomas, July 23, 2017, 03:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I'm using the Universal Catalog but how can I move all of the categories in Animals & Pets?  From the Universal Catalog up to What under @ Keywords at one time.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

@Keywords is a special category. You cannot move other categories into it.

@Keywords mirrors the keywords you assign to files.

For example: In the Keyword Panel you add the keywords Animals|Dinosaurs to one or more files. Under @Keywords you will then see a new entry for Animals and below that for Dinosaurs. And this category contains all files with the keyword Animals|Dinosaurs.

IMatch automatically builds the @Keywords category by looking at the keywords in your files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on July 23, 2017, 08:09:17 AM
@Keywords is a special category. You cannot move other categories into it.

@Keywords mirrors the keywords you assign to files.

For example: In the Keyword Panel you add the keywords Animals|Dinosaurs to one or more files. Under @Keywords you will then see a new entry for Animals and below that for Dinosaurs. And this category contains all files with the keyword Animals|Dinosaurs.

IMatch automatically builds the @Keywords category by looking at the keywords in your files.

After I have done this. I would add Birds to What > Animals & Pets > Birds the I would go back and add Chickens to  What > Animals & Pets > Birds > Chickens?
Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

When you add the keyword What|Animals & Pets|Birds|Chickens to a file, IMatch will add the entire path (each 4 levels) to @Keywords.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on July 23, 2017, 06:24:56 PM
When you add the keyword What|Animals & Pets|Birds|Chickens to a file,
IMatch will add the entire path (each 4 levels) to @Keywords.Chickens

IMatch will add the entire path (each 4 levels) to @Keywords.Chickens Will you explain this to me?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

Carl it's so your Chickens category will look like this

@Keywords|Universal Catalog|What|Animals and Birds|Birds|Chickens

And that's what you want it to look like.

In other words you are on the right track, just doing what you are doing.

cthomas

Quote from: JohnZeman on July 23, 2017, 09:36:36 PM
Carl it's so your Chickens category will look like this

@Keywords|Universal Catalog|What|Animals and Birds|Birds|Chickens

And that's what you want it to look like.

In other words you are on the right track, just doing what you are doing.

So this is right.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

JohnZeman

It looks like it.  But I can't say for sure because your screen shot doesn't show the top of the category tree.

And remember to assign at least one image to each category because empty @Keyword categories will be deleted when you refresh Data Driven categories.