@Keywords

Started by cthomas, July 30, 2017, 04:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthomas

I wanted to make my categories into @Keywords categories. Would you look and see if I have done it right? The first step was to put my Universal Catalog under @Keywords. I then put my 5 Ws my Universal Catalog. I the put all  of my images in the What category.

I then moved to the Categories on the right hand side and placed a Placeholder Image into every Category under What. Now what do I need to do?

Go back to the left side and put all of the categories in the Universal Catalog in each of the other Ws and then go back to the right side and put a Placeholder Image in each of the categories.

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

Why do you need "placeholder" images?

When you add the keyword Universal Catalog|What|Actors and Actresses|Bart Simpson to a file, IMatch will create the corresponding keyword under @Keywords automatically.

You are creating a very deep keyword hierarchy here, not sure if this will fulfill its purpose.

Besides, instead of trying very hard to get your Universal Catalog somehow in the @Keywords hierarchy, I would rather try to import it into the Thesaurus so you can your Universal Catalog in the Keywords Panel to quickly assign keywords to files.

Then let @Keywords build itself automatically from the keywords you have a actually used in your files. This is how this is designed to be used.

1. You assign keywords to files.
2. @Keywords mirrors these keywords automatically.

You are not trying to somehow "fill" @Keywords in advance or something.

Do you know about the IMatch Thesaurus and what it is good for?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

cthomas

Quote from: Mario on July 30, 2017, 08:43:09 AM
Why do you need "placeholder" images?

When you add the keyword Universal Catalog|What|Actors and Actresses|Bart Simpson to a file, IMatch will create the corresponding keyword under @Keywords automatically.

You are creating a very deep keyword hierarchy here, not sure if this will fulfill its purpose.

Besides, instead of trying very hard to get your Universal Catalog somehow in the @Keywords hierarchy, I would rather try to import it into the Thesaurus so you can your Universal Catalog in the Keywords Panel to quickly assign keywords to files.

Then let @Keywords build itself automatically from the keywords you have a actually used in your files. This is how this is designed to be used.

1. You assign keywords to files.
2. @Keywords mirrors these keywords automatically.

You are not trying to somehow "fill" @Keywords in advance or something.

Do you know about the IMatch Thesaurus and what it is good for?

Why do you need "placeholder" images? John told me to add an image to every Category so that when I ran a Refresh Data that my Category would not be deleted. I'm not adding all of my images to categoris right now

How should I be doing this?

Carl

Montana, USA
The Big Sky State

Mario

QuoteI ran a Refresh Data that my Category would not be deleted.

Is see. This would work. But you can have this a lot easier by switching the option to keep empty categories to Yes:

Since data-driven categories are build from the data in your files, @Keyword categories for which no keyword exists will be removed when @Keywords is refreshed. To avoid that, enable this option.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook