File window asettings refer to old versio?

Started by markkums, August 22, 2017, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markkums

If I unstall iMatch5, file window settings will be lost in iMatch 2017. Have you seen this?

B.r: Markku

Mario

Which file window settings do you mean?

Have you configured IMatch 2017 to use it's own settings database. There was a issue in the first installer which copied the settings database file into the IMatch 6 folder (OK) but did not update the path to the settings database in IMatch (Bug!). I have mentioned that in the release notes.  Check under Edit > Preferences > Application that the correct settings database is used.

But uninstalling IMatch will not delete the settings database. Windows leaves that file alone. This is incidental because I want to retain the settings so users can safely reinstall.

If you have accidentally deleted your settings database (file name is displayed in Edit > Preferences > Application): Just restore it from your last backup while IMatch is not running.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

markkums

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry,  I have missed that info in the release, but according to your advice the file window now is displayed ok.

B.r: Markku